What are Titles?
Titles are roleplaying options for those who wish to pursue them, and are as varied as the characters requesting them. Titles appear as prefixes in front of your character's name on the 'who full' list and on your character's whois profile.. Depending on which title you request, and on how your request is phrased, the Quest staff will attempt to construct for you a personalized 'title quest' that suits your character's roleplay, while fulfilling certain criteria for difficulty, based primarily upon the sort of title requested.
Any title with a nobility theme is going to be difficult; 'emperor/empress, king, queen, prince/princess, duke, earl, count, baron, sir' all set your character apart in a large way, and should never be requested lightly: tasks assigned for such titles will be exceptionally and increasingly difficult. This is also true of other 'lofty' titles, such as 'Archmage', 'Lord/Lady of Such and Such'.
But no matter which title you choose, the key is to always follow your character's RP; the title should not just come out of nowhere, and it will be very obvious if it has. Please note that ostentatious titles for the sake of having something before your name, is not the purpose of these quests!
How do you request a Title?
Requesting a title is done via the 'request' board, where your post will stay up for all members of the staff to see until the quest has been built and sent to you. Note that, while it may take some time for the staff to get to you, they -WILL- make every effort to do so at the earliest possible time, so please, be patient! These request should be made in-character, and each will be considered case-by-case.
When making an in-character request for a title, perhaps the best way to regard it is a petition to the powers of the lands - Gods and Goddesses -but it is important to keep in mind that the staff are not mind-readers! The more information you give us in your request, the better we can tailor the quest to suit your character!!!
The important things to tell us when requesting a title include:
- Why you think you are deserving of this title. Back it up with rp examples - Which great beasts did you slay? Which conflicts did you negotiate? Titles are an extention of long-term RP, and the request should strongly reflect this.
- Important things about your character's rp should be included! If you're a loner who doesn't talk to people, and it's demonstrated in your RP, Personality and possibly Background, find a way to let us know so we don't send you off to talk to a million people!
- Make sure it's 'in-character' and 'in-theme'! Do not request things like 'Sith Lord'.
- Be polite - Even if your character is a bit pompous. Remember that the first, and easiest point of the request is to actually -ask- for title; the second part is backing it up, and -EVERYTHING ELSE- is information that can help the staff make it fun, and tailor it to your specific character; work with us, not against us!
- Finally, go back and proof-read it. Make sure it makes sense in general, that your spelling and grammar is up to par, and that your request actually makes sense for your character. Make sure that it includes things that you might want us to know - if you think it might help, try to find a way to put it in: it probably will.
If you've requested a quest, and you believe that the quest you've received could be changed slightly to better suit your character, feel free to discuss it with the staff member responsible for your title quest; we don't bite, but please be polite, and understand that we are here to help you.